All students must complete the following survey before coming to class each day
Thank you for helping us to keep our studio as safe as possible during this time. We appreciate all your efforts & co operation.
COVID 19 Protocols for In Studio Classes
- Students (or guardians) will be required to fill out the COVID symptom screening online survey before entering the studio. This can be
done from home or upon arrival at the studio (Paper surveys will be available but online is encouraged.
- Students will be directed to use the hand sanitizer provided by the studio upon entry and before leaving. There will also be
opportunity to sanitize hands during class.
- Students are encouraged to arrive to class already dressed in their dance uniform.
- Students are encouraged to keep personal belonging at home and only bring in what is needed for class to studio. Secure and spaced
areas will be provided for dance bags.
- Class sizes will be reduced to meet Health & Safety requirements
- During Phase 2, the studio waiting room will be closed
- Class times will be staggered to reduce the amount of students coming in and out of the studio at one time.
- The class scheduled will be structured back to back classes as much as possible so students taking multiple classes can stay in the
same room and teachers will travel between.
- Some class times will be reduced by approximately 10 minutes in order to accommodate the cleaning & disinfecting protocols between
classes. The back to back schedule will help to reduce the need for this as well.
- Each studio floor will be marked with tape to create 6 x 6 foot squares. Each dancer will dance within their own square and in doing so
maintain a social distance of 6 feet on all sides. The perimeter of the room will also be marked with 6 foot spaces to that dancers can
maintain social distance as they practice one by one across the floor exercises.
- Each dancer will be given their own mat or prop to use for classes that require so. These mats or props will be disinfected prior and
following use and stored in a secure designated area.
- Exterior air flow will be introduced in each studio room during classes
- For tumbling classes: students will be required to use hand sanitizer at the beginning and at the end of each tumbling pass along the
- All touch surfaces, equipment and floors will be disinfected between class changes
- Increased daily and weekly cleaning & disinfecting protocols will be implemented outside of class hours.
- The bathrooms will be sanitized after every use. Each studio will have its own designated bathroom and will not share between studio
- Students are encouraged to bring full water bottles with them to class. Filling of water bottles will not be permitted at the studio for
sanitary reasons. We will stock a supply of emergency store bought water bottles for those who need them.
- PPE will be available for students and staff at the studio, but not mandatory to wear.
- Teachers and staff have been trained in COVID 19 safety protocols
- Teachers and staff will check their temperature multiple times through out the day with a Digital Point & Shoot thermometer provided
by the studio.
- All choreography & training will be designed to comply with social distancing but also be flexible so that it can revert to less socially
distanced format whenever that time comes.
- Increased signage relating to COVID 19 protocols will be placed around the studio